Hans Christian Andersen Award – Australian Winners
IBBY Australia nominates Australian children’s authors and illustrators for the prestigious Hans Christian Andersen Awards. The Hans Christian Andersen Award is the highest international recognition given to an author and an illustrator of children’s books. The award is made to a living author and illustrator whose body of work has made a lasting contribution to children’s literature.
In 1986, both Hans Christian Andersen Awards were won by Australians: Patricia Wrightson for writing and Robert Ingpen for illustration.
Australian nominees – Hans Christian Andersen Award
- 2020 Libby Gleeson (writing) and Ann James (illustration)
- 2018 David Metzenthen (writing) and Jeannie Baker (illustration)
- 2016 Ursula Dubosarsky (writer) and Bronwyn Bancroft (illustrator)
- 2014 Nadia Wheatley (writer) and Ron Brooks (illustrator)
- 2012 Christobel Mattingley (writer) and Bob Graham (illustrator)
- 2008 Jackie French (writer) and Shaun Tan (illustrator)
- 1986 Patricia Wrightson (writer) and Robert Ingpen (illustrator)
- 1984 Patricia Wrightson
- 1978 Ivan Southall
- 1976 Ivan Southall
PDF for download